Monday, March 14, 2011

a revelation.

As you may already know -although the odds are that you don't, which is why I'm telling you- my computer sort of... crashed. I could lie and say it did this of its own accord; however, the truth is that I was an idiot and spilled  a large amount of water all over the keyboard.
Dang it.
That being said, I have discovered something that perhaps I had known beforehand, but had never really experienced. Here it is:
You can get a lot more work done in the absence of a computer! I know, I was as shocked as you ;) It's amazing how quickly a math lesson goes by without gmail or online tv episodes. Ha.

There is a severe downside to this predicament. I can't write my book, as it's exclusively located on my computer. That was a stupid decision, in hindsight. Fingers crossed that we can get it fixed!
If not, I was thinking about getting an iPad. Thoughts?

Ahem. Now that that's off my chest, I'd like to make a music recommendation. Being the film score nerd that I am, this piece is right off a soundtrack. Perhaps you've seen 'How to Train Your Dragon'. This is a track from that, and ohh my gosh. Just listen to it. I love it, the Celtic sounds, the time changes, the hybrid of exciting themes. ...Yes :)

2 comments:

  1. That is all right, Katie. Did you know that once, C.J. Mahaney was preparing a sermon and he did the very same thing, with a cup of coffee? His sermon was ruined. That's from "Living the Cross Centered Life" which is an amazing book that I love very very much. :)

    I know that iPads are uber-expensive. Aside from that, they don't seem to have any downsides. Well, the touch screen could be one...if you don't like touch screens. That would be pretty epic if you got one though.

    If your computer gets fixed the first thing you should do is buy a flash drive ($10) and back up your story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so aweful Katie!!!!!! You should def get an ipad, cuz I am too. Now, I know that is not a good reason, but my dad said that since and ipad 2 has come out (already!!! ikr!) that means that ipad 1 prices will drop. That is one of the reasons why I am getting an ipad.

    P.S. I might get a laptop, I am very indecisive :P

    ReplyDelete