Thursday, November 4, 2010

typewriters

Back before there were computers with keyboards, there were typewriters.


I love them. A lot. I love the clicking sound the keys make. I love this font that the ink conforms to on the new, white sheet of paper. I love how you have to push back the carriage return every time you finish a line. I love how, unlike computers, there's nothing else to distract you, like email or YouTube videos... just you, the typewriter, and your ideas. There's the simple factor as well; you don't need a charger cord, you don't need any internet connection, and you don't need to download Microsoft Word for a couple hundred dollars.
I don't know. Maybe I'm a nerd, but I find it extremely appealing. Or maybe it just seems like a very writer-ish thing to have. Anyway, I really want to get one ;)

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE typewriters, too! I found one at a yard sale and I love it a lot. That font is great, too - probably my favorite typewriter font. :)

    ReplyDelete