Tuesday, January 11, 2011

life ponderings.

Here's a random musing. [I don't keep a journal, but if I did, this'd probably be the sort of fascinating entry I might jot down.]
About mirrors. They show us what we look like. They hang on our walls, they come with make-up kits, and they attach themselves to bathroom cupboards. We check them constantly to see if we look as good as we did a couple of minutes ago.
But what if they hadn't been invented? There'd most likely be a lot less vanity in the world.
However, how would we know what we look like? I suppose we could use the reflection of water, though that's fairly unhelpful.
Just imagine not knowing what your face looks like, or how white your teeth are. How would that effect our thinking, I wonder? Perhaps we'd be less focused on if our hair is perfect, and on the more important things.
Like I said, a random thought.

P.S. What a disappointing excuse for a snowfall, eh? Still, there's hope it will snow bucket loads overnight, and we'll all wake up to the treetops bending over with the weight of it all.

3 comments:

  1. Mirrors are interesting things, I agree. You should post stuff like this on your beloved online communities and see what people think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of which beloved online communities do you speak, Mary?

    ReplyDelete