Saturday, July 2, 2011

summer.

Summer... summer, summer.
It has officially started (for me) today. I'm excited. I'm ready to go out into the world and be a spontaneous (yet discerning) teen. Woohoo!

...I must tell you the truth, now. I've never liked summer much. I mean, sure, it's great to have a break from stress for a couple of months. But it's hot, and it's sticky, and it's head-ache inducing. And I get bored. If I don't have a goal I'm striving towards, or a project I'm working on, or school work to spend late nights on... I feel listless. I'm not much of a party girl, so that's not a valid solution for me.
However, I was wondering... do you have any ideas? Something I could have to do during these long, hot days? I'd love to hear suggestions, however wacky :) Hit me up with a comment!

4 comments:

  1. -paint a mural on your bedroom wall.
    -do something you've never done before.
    -write more of your story.
    -work extra hard on your 365 each day.

    and that's all i can think of right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. -make friendship bracelets
    -make a book of your cool photos! (blurb.com or any type of book)
    -play violin (you could learn songs from CD's)
    -(and practice all those 3 octave scales)
    -make lists. it always occupies me when I'm bored. :) sometimes it's fun to make lists of long-term to-do's, i.e. things you need to do next year.
    -look up writing contests online and write essays for them.
    -do some other type of 365 (like write something you're grateful for each day, sketch each day...)
    -write music
    -make lemonade or chocolate milk.
    -gather up all the books you want to read and put them in one place. I think that's more fun than a book list. :)
    -read books
    -write about the books you read
    -listen to sermons (i.e. NEXT ones)
    -blog and Tumblr.
    -get a cheap bulletin board and stick stuff on it. (this is actually quite fun, and you can re-do it every time you get tired of it.)
    -call someone on the phone.
    -email someone a really long email out of the blue.
    -collect your favorite quotes & scriptures and write/print them out.
    -write notes to people and actually MAIL them (what a concept these days!)
    -listen to music, and find new music you formerly didn't know you liked (grooveshark.com)
    -g-chat people and ask them a significant question. it actually IS possible to have deep conversation on g-chat.
    -pray for people
    -find some old photos and look through them
    -go to the library and get movies to watch. they have lots of options.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and best of them all, spend as much time as you can in God's word. :)

    ReplyDelete